Published the 24/03/2020
SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
SIF has been working in West Bank since 2008, following the military operation “cast lead” in Gaza Strip.
In 2010, SIF has opened an office in Ramallah and obtained its registration with the Palestinian Authority. SIF has conducted several emergency and rehabilitation programs, both in the Gaza Strip and West Bank.
SIF is currently implementing humanitarian project in Food Security, WASH and Child Protection projects as well as “seasonal projects” in the West Bank. Complementarily with its humanitarian intervention, SIF is developing an advocacy strategy in the OPT.
Secours Islamique France is looking to fill a West Bank Deputy Head of Mission position based in Ramallah, Palestine.
You will be under the supervision of the Head of Mission, as part of the Palestine Coordination Team and while supervising the Programs, Administration and Logistic teams. You will be responsible for the overall management of operations in the West Bank and you will contribute to the elaboration and implementation of SIF strategy. You will coordinate the West Bank Team in relation with the Palestine Coordination Team and be responsible of the relations with the partners of the implementation of the different projects.
Your work will consist of :
Strategy Elaboration, Visibility and Representation
* Supervising needs assessment activities, identify relevant and innovative intervention options for SIF and its beneficiaries.
* Exploring the donor environment and identify pertinent donors and partners relevant to the SIF strategy in the region and engage in representation and fundraising activities in collaboration with the Head of Mission.
* Contributing to the elaboration of the Mission’s Action Plan and budget for the West Bank, with the support of the Coordination Team.
* Being responsible of the sound implementation of the programmatic strategy of SIF in the West Bank.
* Taking part in the elaboration/review of reporting activities (monthly reports, donor reports, etc).
* Supervising MEAL activities for the West Bank and ensure all relevant corrective actions are implemented.
* Controlling and validating expenses made by the West Bank Office according to the Action Plan in line with SIF policies and Procedures.
* Taking part in the monthly accountancies closing and financial reports for West Bank Office.
* Supervising the building of the budget forecasts.
* Ensuring the respect of SIF Logistics procedures and Security principles.
* Monitoring the evolution of the humanitarian context of the West Bank, informing the Head of Mission and HQ of any critical development.
* Supervising the elaboration and updating of safety and security framework as well as the Security Plan.
* Providing constructive supervision and guidance for Administration/HR, Programs and Logistics teams.
* Taking part in the recruitment of West Bank Office staff.
* Identifying all capacity building needs for each department and suggesting a course of actions to enhance efficiency and proficiency of SIF teams under your supervision.
* Being responsible for the proper implementation of SIF’s performance management system, and carrying out annual performance reviews for your staff.
The employee may be requested to perform other tasks in accordance with its job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the Association or to changes in its policy and it organization, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
* A Master’s degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in development studies, humanitarian program management, business administration or related fields and equivalent work experience;
* Minimum 7 years of relevant humanitarian experience, including previous experiences as Field Coordinator, Deputy Country Director or Chief of Party;
* Experience relevant to managing programs, including proposal & report writings; planning; implementation, monitoring, evaluation and budgeting;
* Demonstrated experience in strategic thinking and fundraising, developing links with NGOs, INGOs, government agencies & other stakeholders;
* Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff
* Starting date : As soon as possible.
* French fixed term contract : 6/7 months
* Remuneration according to our salary grid.
* Monthly perdiem.
* Social and medical cover (SIF contributes to 60% of the insurance).
* R&R to your homecountry for your 6 months breaks.
* Leaves every 3 months.
Fill in the form and attach your resume